Wednesday 16 January 2008

enough with all the boys with girls names already,,,

We like music, I'm sure you like music (or are you just looking at our page for a chuckle at our latest drunk pictures?) So just for the sake of it, here's a few bands we're tipping for 2008

HEADS WE DANCE

Photobucket
We saw these guys play in Manchester last October and not only were we captivated by their gold and black coordinating outfits but they dropped a Prince cover into their set (and very well) which is more then enough to hold our attention. To date, their only release has been a white label with remixes by Tepr and Frankmusik, not a bad start at all
LISTEN UP


YOUR TWENTIES
Photobucket
Kat & I have mentioned that we quite like Metronomy in just about every post on this blog so far - so here's the side project from bassist Gabriel. Joined by our very good chum James, Charlie Alex March and even Sir Joe Mount - Your Twenties sounds like Phoenix having a love-in with The Shins. It's pretty, it's summery; they'll be one of our bands of the year - no doubt.
LISTEN UP



ADAM KESHER
Photobucket
Ok, well you may have noticed that we’re putting them out, the quite wonderful Happy Vandals EP since you asked, but we have good reason to shout; THEY'RE FLIPIN AMAZING.
Imagine Liars having a full on scrap with Daft Punk with the Velvet Underground cheering them on from the sidelines and we're not even close. They're playing 5 shows in the UK at the end of Jan - I'd strongly advise you to be there.
LISTEN UP

THE YELL
Photobucket
Using another of my amazing fighting-bands analogies; The Yell sound like B52s kicking the arse out of The Fall. Don't tell me that doesn't excite you.
There's big rumors doing these parts of a debut album on the way and if anyone's seen the mad-scientist antics of singer Idle Hans on stage, they'll confirm that they're worth hollering about (hehe)
LISTEN UP

THE XCERTS
Photobucket
For about 2 days last year I decided that my fondness for stripy jumpers and black eyeliner meant I could go 'Emo', but hey, my hair just isn't quite straight enough and my male friends have thinner legs then me.
I came away from my brief brush with Emo with a lasting love of The Xcerts, a band from Scotland and Exeter, via Brighton - I'm not crap at geography, it's true.
Simply superb. And very skinny.
LISTEN UP

GONZALES
Photobucket
Ok, this one is cheating a little. Obviously he's been around for ages, winning my heart with his blend of Jewish-Rap, collaborating with Fiest waaaay before she advertised iPods, dueting with Peaches and writing beautiful piano concertos. He also provided my gig highlight of last year (the only person who could make me chose between him and Daft Punk and win).
HE'S GOT A NEW ALBUM!!!
Ok, the snippet from Soft Power on myspace sounds a bit, well, odd, but I bet I'll love it regardless. All hail Sir Chilly Gonzales
LISTEN UP

No comments: