Tuesday 25 March 2008

L.I.P messed with Texas. And won.

So I thought it only polite to do a SXSW round up - I'm a week later then everyone else and I'm not sure I can still drag out the jet-lag excuse either.

Lots happened that's for sure; saw a couple of bands, ate some prime beef, did a bit of DJing, drank some beers... I also:

Stalked Jeffrey Lewis
Photobucket

Admired DJ's getting all Tony Hart with their equipment
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Threw a party in a garage on the hottest day of the year
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Figured out how to take some good band pictures at night
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Perfected the drunk band picture
Photobucket

Admired the art of Texas' signage
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Met the international beard champion, Jack Passion
Photobucket

Got down with the glow sticks
Photobucket

And ate some crocodile
Photobucket

May I proudly recommend these bands, with whom I left a bit of my heart with in Texas:
* Belaire
* The Coathangers
* Jay Reatard

No comments: