Tuesday 9 December 2008

OMG - bit of a Blur

Photobucket


It's a great, glorious day today. It might be hitting the minus numbers outside but the sun is shining. After a couple of months of persistent rumors (including me nearly falling off my chair as when it’s casually mentioned in a business meeting recently), it’s set in stone. Or at least on the cover of the NME.
Blur with the Coxon are back together.

Now I know all the arguments for the horrors of band reunions, but I’m a sucker for thinking bands can manage to capture the magic of the first time round. It rarely delivers, but sometimes comebacks are brilliant. Take That for example.
But something seems ace about this. I could write an essay on how much Albarn and his smug face annoy me in 2008 or how much it tugs at my heart that Alex James partakes in that disgrace on T4 on Sundays, but let’s remember the good ol days.

Popscene.
That bit in Starshaped when they’re having the family special in Little Chef.
This Is A Low.
“And when she lets me slip away….”
The Universal.
Graham Carton going to heaven.
Sing.

I missed out on the Mile End stadium gig in 1995 but the idea of standing in Hyde Park singing along to Parklife next summer makes me feel a bit funny. I’m very excited.
And I’ll bet my bottom dollar they’ll have a James’s Home Made Cheese stand at Glasto…

This is my favourite one of all, For Tomorrow

No comments: