Wednesday 1 April 2009

Wake Up, Comb Down, Retreat To Sleep...

As a regular reader of the Lost In Paris blog (aren't you all) will know by now, I am a big big fan of The Rakes.
So when the new-look Kruger needed someone to have a chat with them about their new album, Klang, there was only one person for the job.
So here it is. But what I didn't put in there is a couple of points about our interview which I found interesting, I'll add them as footnotes bellow (click pictures for a bigger view)
Photobucket
Photobucket

1) Alan Rake now has a big silver streak at the front of his hair. It's not natural grey, it's Emo.
2) At various points in the interview Alan would take out a little comb from his top pocket (hence Kat's killer pun-title) and brush this little streak. Was he being a bit eccentric?
3) They seemed on the defensive which I found disappointing as I've met them on and off over 5 years and have been nothing but wildly supportive. Maybe the reviews from other areas of the media haven't been quite so positive.
4) I left the interview saying "cheer up lads, the album's the best to date. Even with the comb trick" Which I sincerelymeant.

I don't dream of poetry outside the Seine anymore.
Now, where's Robert Pattison gone...

No comments: